Have questions about the May 2022 amendment to Miami-Dade’s building recertification program?
Solcar Electric is here to assist you in navigating the electrical inspections required to pass your 40/50 Year Recertification. With a focus on customer satisfaction and safety, we're proud provide comprehensive assistance meeting the new requirements and ensuring the longevity of your electrical systems.
In this article, we will guide you through the key updates to milestone inspection, highlight the benefits of working with Solcar, and showcase our expertise in Infrared thermography inspections and other recertification requirements.
Relevant Miami-Dade Recertification Changes
For a comprehensive guide to the Miami-Dade recertification program read the official government page: Recertification
Many Miami-Dade landowners are being faced with recertification sooner than expected. Owners of coastal residences that are at least three stories tall, built between 1983 and 1997, must undergo a recertification inspection by December 31, 2024. All other buildings, constructed between 1983 and 1992, must undergo an assessment by December 31, 2024.
Along with these new deadlines, new requirements have been included for passing recertification. For a full list of recertification requirements, take a look at the official guidelines.
Summary of required electrical inspections after the 2022 amendment:
- Thermography Inspection: This new requirement calls for a full Infrared thermal imaging report of your building's electrical equipment conducted by a certified infrared thermography technician with at least seven years of experience. Read here why we’re the trusted choice
- Electrical Service: Analysis of the type of electrical services supplying your building, including the amperage size, phase, and fuse and breaker protection.
- Branch Circuits: Electrical panel inspection and identification of branch circuits, including an evaluation of conductors and grounding on equipment such as generators and elevator motors.
- Conduit Raceways: Individual inspections of all wiring methods present in the building, searching for erosion in conduits and cables.
- Emergency Lighting: Examination of exit sign lights and emergency lighting, along with ensuring the functionality of your fire alarm system, if applicable.
As Miami-Dade's building recertification laws evolve, it's crucial to partner with a trusted electrical contracting business that understands the intricacies of compliance and is equipped to provide top-notch services. At Solcar Electric, we offer the expertise, cutting-edge technology, and comprehensive solutions necessary to ensure you pass your commercial property inspection.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment and experience the peace of mind that comes with working with a reliable and professional team.